Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 6 von 10 | [ 183 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste
 Clint Mathis Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.11.2004 17:44 

Keith hat geschrieben:
``Mathis is very good,'' said Dieter-Ludwig Buckandal, a 64-year-old fan who comes to every practice. ``If they were all like Mathis I'd be thinking UEFA Cup.''

``He's a real joker. It's really good to have him around,'' midfielder Christoph Dabrowski said. ``He's just a very strong addition to this team.''

Its the latter free spirit that would be a problem for a guy like Lienen - bring back RR I say :)

One more thing, Keith.

You keep tellig us that you are a coach - and if you are I wouldn't really have to tell you that football (or soccer, as you call it in the USA) is very much a team sport.

Let me get one thing straight: I am a big fan of Ralf Rangnick. But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate Ewald Lienen's work. And if you had a proper look at them you would be able to see that there isn't that much of a difference between them. They are both new generation coaches, they are both about the same age, both family men, both eloquent and intellectual with a good sense of humor and both of them can communicate in foreign languages. And both of them have done a hell of a lot for Hannover 96 and the club's image.

But none of them could probably please everybode. I don't think anyone can. While Ralf Rangnick brought out the best in a lot of players, it didn't work on all of them. E.g. Jiri Stajner turned up to practice a few times with a hangover, because he used to party a lot. The same player is now in very good shape, has lost weight and has turned from a diva into a team player. So obviously working with Ewald Lienen is fine for him.

It's sad if Clint Mathis is leaving but what's even worse is the fact that he is not the player that I thought he was. I actually thought he had a passion for football. Because that's what it's all about. Not just about playing in Europe, because you want to make a lot of money. It's about being part of the team and identifying with your club. I really thought he would fit in well and I still think he is very popular with the fans. But on the other hand I feel like he has been letting everyone - including himself - down. And that is really sad.

It's easy for you to make your biased comments about this situation. But you don't live here (I guess), you don't support this team, you don't go to the games and I don't think you know how it feels to be overwhelmed with emotion when you're in the stadium and your team is doing well - or even when they are losing.

I, too, have a passion for football and for this club. And that is why it bothers me. It's sad to see that he will be leaving and I wish him the best of luck. But your comments on our coach don't help him and they only upset me and a few other people. So what is the point?

Zuletzt geändert von P-REAL am 09.11.2004 18:09, insgesamt 10-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 03:39 

No team ever has too many good players.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 08:40 

Did I say that? I don't think so.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 10:02 

A bad apple sometimes spoils the whole bunch.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 20:02 

der rote hat geschrieben:
A bad apple sometimes spoils the whole bunch.

In the farming community where I come from it is well known that you take care of your apples - if you mishandle one it goes bad.

Got the picture yet - pal?

Cheers, Strider :)

PS. Donovan looks set to join Leverkusen .........

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 20:36 

Keith hat geschrieben:
In the farming community where I come from it is well known that you take care of your apples - if you mishandle one it goes bad.

Then judging from the press clippings posted here, I guess this particular apple has been mishandled a few times before?

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 23:41 

Keith hat geschrieben:

Then judging from the press clippings posted here, I guess this particular apple has been mishandled a few times before?

Actually no. Its an old rule of thumb that only fools believe everything they read in newspapers!
In actual fact coach Zambrano was the person who was responsible for TRANSFERRING Mathis from The LA Galaxy TO the MetroStars. No coach worth a cent would talk to the press about his players in that manner - Zambrano was fired. Mathis has always played well for the MetroStars and the team had an amazingly good record of winning with him on the team sheet......

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 23:42 

Keith hat geschrieben:
Its an old rule of thumb that only fools believe everything they read in newspapers!

Where do you get your info on Hannover 96 from, btw?

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 23:52 

Keith hat geschrieben:
Its an old rule of thumb that only fools believe everything they read in newspapers!

Wise guy huh? Well it aint from Press Clippings - I dont read German! Ever heard of Deep Throat? :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 23:55 

How come you quote German if you don't read it???

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004 23:58 

P-REAL hat geschrieben:
How come you quote German if you don't read it???

As a matter of fact following soccer in Germany is teaching me a bit of German. I am picking up much more Spanish watching soccer on the Spanish language channels over here. They cover a lot more soccer than just Mexico and S America........

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.11.2004 02:01 
✝ Unvergessen

Keith hat geschrieben:
Keith hat geschrieben:

Wise guy huh? Well it aint from Press Clippings - I dont read German! Ever heard of Deep Throat? :)

That´s really not the style, we need here :wink: Perhaps you'll need it; by the way, as a coach, you surely know for which team Heather is playing now; probably she would be a good nurse for CM :oops:

Wettberger

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.11.2004 23:28 

MLS Expansion Draft:

New team Real Salt Lake City has traded for Jason Kreis (leading goalscorer of all time in MLS) and CLINT MATHIS is rumored to be in negotiations with Real Salt (which is allied to Real Madrid) to return to MLS.

What a strike force, Mathis AND Kreis.........whooow.

Please thank that turkey-brained coach (and management) of yours!!!!!!!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.11.2004 22:42 

Keith hat geschrieben:

Sure thing. Good call to get rid of an overrated troublemaker. All he had to do was turn in a good performance every once in a while. But apparently that was too complicated for him.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 06:06 

Keith hat geschrieben:

Sure thing. Good call to get rid of an overrated troublemaker. All he had to do was turn in a good performance every once in a while. But apparently that was too complicated for him.

Since when is "wanting to play" - "troublemaking" , mine heir?

Also I saw Lienen on the sideline in the last game. I gotta say that when the other team equalized his reaction was totally inappropriate for a professional coach.......More like Little Leageu :(

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 14:16 

Well, Mr. Know-It-All, I am a little fed up with your comments about our coach. If you don't like him, fair enought. But as I was saying before - you are not a supporter of this team and you don't come from this area. So why bother. Does it make you happy do put him down?? Your life must be pretty boring then... :roll:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 16:31 

P-REAL hat geschrieben:
Well, Mr. Know-It-All, I am a little fed up with your comments about our coach. If you don't like him, fair enought. But as I was saying before - you are not a supporter of this team and you don't come from this area. So why bother. Does it make you happy do put him down?? Your life must be pretty boring then... :roll:

Its one thing to be a supporter of a team - as I am for Hannover - but quite another to be so blinkered that you cannot accept reality. Did you see the coach on the sidelenes in the last game? Geeze - gimme a break.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 16:56 

I give up... :(

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 17:58 

P-REAL hat geschrieben:

Don't. It's what he wants. Everything he's writing is designed to drive us up the walls. He's not serious, he's playing a little game with us.

No person in his right mind (let alone someone with coaching experience) would judge a coach by his facial expressions on the sideline. It's a game, nothing more.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.11.2004 19:14 

P-REAL hat geschrieben:

Don't. It's what he wants. Everything he's writing is designed to drive us up the walls. He's not serious, he's playing a little game with us.

No person in his right mind (let alone someone with coaching experience) would judge a coach by his facial expressions on the sideline. It's a game, nothing more.

I was referring to the jesticulations (with arms!) the guy made. Its not exactly confidence building for the defender who made the error (an errant header to the opposition if you recall).
AND NO ITS NOT A "GAME" anymore than is a "game" when a professional football player is "wasted" and his career trashed........................

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 6 von 10 | [ 183 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste