Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 3 von 3 | [ 48 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3

What are your predictions?
Umfrage endete am 11.12.2004 20:54 
Die Roten will win! 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
Draw! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hertha steals away the points... 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Abstimmungen insgesamt : 12

Hertha BSC Berlin (Last season and now ;-) ) Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: still a caveman...
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 12:36 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

der rote hat geschrieben:
True, but there's still a difference between that and walking out of a restaurant or pub smelling like you've been living on the streets for two weeks and having to carry that smell home.

Well, but you will find pubs that are just fine, especially in Germany. Most do have a good air conditioning system.
And Keith, Can someone explain to me then why the US does not sign Kyoto??? That's the same thing on a bigger scale, with the only difference that we get environmental problems instead of cancer...
If you don't like that smoky pub atmosphere, just go to another one, or, if you can't find another one, just go to a bar.
If someone smokes a big cigar and you don't like it, ask him to stop it or don't go out with him anymore.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 12:40 

Squig hat geschrieben:
If someone smokes a big cigar and you don't like it, ask him to stop it or don't go out with him anymore.

Well, that's just the point: most people take offense to such requests since it "violates their personal freedom". They are, however, ok with violating other peoples personal freedoms. It seems that common sense went completely out the window for that topic.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 16:54 

"the profit motive will kick in & either completely smoke free pubs will appear- or pubs will set aside smoke free area's if they see enough people who share your views."

Thats a trite arguement. In New York there was not ONE bar or restaurant which was non smoking before the laws changed. The owners screamed they would go out of business with "no smoking" laws, total BS of course. When in the UK I cant go into pubs anymore which is a shame as I love the ambience (not the atmosphere if you get the pun!) as I just cant stand the smoke. And in the UK the only way to avoid puking smoke even in good restaurants is to go early before the bar_tards "light up".

BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 20:11 

Keith hat geschrieben:
"the profit motive will kick in & either completely smoke free pubs will appear- or pubs will set aside smoke free area's if they see enough people who share your views."

Thats a trite arguement. In New York there was not ONE bar or restaurant which was non smoking before the laws changed. The owners screamed they would go out of business with "no smoking" laws, total BS of course. When in the UK I cant go into pubs anymore which is a shame as I love the ambience (not the atmosphere if you get the pun!) as I just cant stand the smoke. And in the UK the only way to avoid puking smoke even in good restaurants is to go early before the bar_tards "light up".

Why doesn't the UK pass a law saying that if you want smoking in your pub you have to install decent air conditioning/changing systems. What would be the problem of that? just leaves another option for smokers and bar owners....

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 21:20 

responding to der rote- yes i agree- i definately wouldn't want someone smoking a cigar next to me while enjoying a meal. most people wouldn't want that & for that reason- eating establishments have been either completely smoke free- or at least had only small smoking sections which were sectioned off from the main dining area long before there was a complete smoking ban(in public) here in california.

if you don't like the smoke filled eatery- go across the street to the one which is smoke free(or has well ventilated smoking section) .

smoking has been banned in public here in california for several years- before that eaterys had the right to be smoke free- or have special sections for smoking if they wanted- this seemed to work well. most restaraunts went totally smoke free- while most bars allowed smoking but there was a large number of pubs which were completely smoke free.

It just seems that with 21st century technology bars could install a hi-tech ventilation system if they wanted to allow smoking- maybe this infringes on the pub owners rights - but it sounds like a compromise... but a flat out ban?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 21:27 

Keith hat geschrieben:
Squig hat geschrieben:
Even though this was last year's thread I'lll do a poll.
This poll is about this year ;-)

Hertha has been featured a lot recently on Fox Sports World - and they look impressive. I think they will be too much for Hannover to handle.....
Sorry guys... :(

Unfortunately I was correct. I reckon Mathis could have made a VITAL difference however and had Clint been playing my forecast would have been a WIN for the Big H.

Betreff des Beitrags: vitali klitschko
BeitragVerfasst: 12.12.2004 08:42 

"Klitschko stops Williams to defend heavyweight title

By TIM DAHLBERG, AP Boxing Writer
December 12, 2004

AP - Dec 12, 12:47 am EST

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Vitali Klitschko made one statement with his fists, and another with his words. Both came through loud and clear in a dominating title defense that elevated him to the top of a crowded list of heavyweight champions."

well, sorry to see the reds lose today- & it's tough with such a long break until the next game- at least got some cheer with dr. klitschko's performance..

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.12.2004 12:52 

Well, the show must go on, and now we have the winter break to come back more effective. I think it was 'the right loss at the right time' because now all the UEFA and CL dreamers have to stop dreaming ;-)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 3 von 3 | [ 48 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3