Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 4 | [ 67 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste
 Hannover 96 vs. Rangers FC Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Hannover 96 vs. Rangers FC
BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2007 10:44 

Hullo Hullo Bears!

I think this is the best place to talk with the Fans from Hannover 96 about our friendly on 17th July.

So let’s have a good time together and maybe we will find here some answers for our questions.

Follow the Gers!

GermanBear

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.05.2007 12:05 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

What questions may there be? ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.05.2007 21:15 

I think it might be interesting to know, if Rangers will bring their best line-up to Hannover .. ? :)
But I guess noone knows that at the moment ...

What do Rangers supporters (who might visit this forum) think about that match and if its taken seriously in Glasgow?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.05.2007 17:20 

surprise hat geschrieben:
I think it might be interesting to know, if Rangers will bring their best line-up to Hannover .. ? :)

What do Rangers supporters (who might visit this forum) think about that match and if its taken seriously in Glasgow?

Not too seriously, it's a friendly.

But we enjoy a good day out, some fine German beer (and sausages :D ).

I suspect a few hundred of us will come over, lots missed the last two season's tours, being in Canada and South Africa.

There are also a few Rangers Supporters Clubs in Germany (Hamburg and Bochum, maybe others). There is one in Vienna as well.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2007 00:29 

I'm sure it will be our(Rangers) full squad as it's one of 5 or 6 of our pre-season games. :)

I think you're talking over 1,000 Gers fans in the area if you take into account the Hamburg Loyal, other German Rangers supporters clubs and of course the lads from the UK.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2007 00:39 

surprise hat geschrieben:

I think the team will not take it very seriously, it will be a chance for some of our new players such as Darcheville and Gow to get a game.

I know many of the fans are looking forward to a friendly match in Germany and to meet some Hannover 96 fans. :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2007 00:49 

Squig hat geschrieben:
What questions may there be? ;-)

Hi Squig.

I think we will have a few questions. Maybe you can help or offer some advice please.

What would be the best place to meet Hannover fans and have a few drinks before the game?

Is it easy to travel to the stadium from the city centre? Could I walk or would I be better to take a bus or a tram?

I'm travelling by train from Poland so I will arrive in Hannover early on the morning of the match. Do you know if there is somewhere good to buy breakfast near the Hauptbanhof?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2007 12:16 

Blue_Deacon hat geschrieben:
What would be the best place to meet Hannover fans and have a few drinks before the game?

I don't know where to meet "us" before the game. ;) But after the game the pub "... und der böse Wolf" at Hannover-Linden (use the tram line 9, direction "Empelde", to the station "Lindener Marktplatz" and ask someone for the "Wolf") might be a good place as well as some pubs at the city centre.

BUT: The game is on tuesday. So most people will go home right after the match...

Zitat:
Is it easy to travel to the stadium from the city centre? Could I walk or would I be better to take a bus or a tram?

Actually you can walk from the main station to the stadium. It's a walk of ~20 minutes. But, of course, you can also use the tram:

Lines 3 and 7, direction "Wettbergen" to "Waterloo" or "Stadionbrücke" or Line 9, direction "Empelde" to "Waterloo". From there you have to walk about one kilometer to the stadium. All three lines depart at the central station and at "Kröpcke", right in the middle of Hannover.

Zitat:
Do you know if there is somewhere good to buy breakfast near the Hauptbanhof?

There are plenty of pub in the Old Town of Hannover that offer breakfast. I'd recommend the "Bar Celona" next to the Marktkirche (biggest church in the city centre - you cannot miss it!). It is not really cheap but it is worth the money.

Dennoch viel geschafft!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.05.2007 12:55 

I remember the breakfast at Mister Q (on the back side of the main station, in the same building as the 'cinemaxx' cinema, can't miss it) to be quite good. The best breakfast I had was at the Cafe Safran, take the tram line 10 to direction Ahlem and exit at stop Glocksee. Walk back 20 meters, there it is at the corner of two big streets. It's a 10 minute tram ride from the central station (Hauptbahnhof).

Usually the tram ride is free 3 hours before the game starts until service stops at night, don't know about this friendly, though. It should be added that in hanover, as in many german cities, the trams (except line 10) ride underground, it's a metro/tram mix actually.

There's a Beergarden quite close to the stadium, maybe you'll meet some fasn there before the game. Try to get to the Waterloo and find the street that leads to the stadium, can't miss it.

Have good time and if there occur more questions, feel free to ask.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2007 20:39 

My guess is that Rangers will bring well in excess of 1,000 fans with them from Glasgow alone! They love their football up their and are very passionate about their team. Don't worry at all if some of them look a little strange in their kilts and tartan hats. My experience is that they are a very friendly lot and they can certainly handle their drink!

I am equally sure they will enjoy Hannover as a city and all it has to offer. Unfortunately, I have never been their in July as all the games I get to are during the colder months :roll:

It is a very good choice of opposition for Hannover as it will get the team used to playing European teams in preparation for our Ui Cup campaign (perhaps, maybe, possibly, hopefully, pleeeeeease!).

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2007 18:23 

Hello, I will be coming over for the match can anyone give me some help:

Is there any information on ticketing yet?
How easy is it from Dusseldorf (Weeze) to get to Hannover?
Have details been fixed yet like the Kick Off Time?

Thanks

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2007 18:27 

I don#t think there is anything on ticketing and kick-off.
In general hanover is easy to reach, even though Düsseldorf isn't exactly close (300 km or so). But by car you'd just need to follow signs first to Dortmund and then to Hanover, by train look at www.db.de, so in general it is good to do.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2007 18:47 

Your best options are to fly with Ryanair to Lubeck/Hamburg and either get the train down to Hannover or hire a car. Air Berlin fly direct to Hannover but it is quite expensive. Another option is to fly to Bremen with Ryanair. The train journey from Bremen is easier.

The main thing is not to be late for your train as in Germany they ALWAYS run on time!

Good luck and book early!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2007 19:39 

Thanks for the help.

Is "Dusseldorf Flughafen" (as its called on Bahn.de) the same as "Central Station Düsseldorf"

I am booking a hotel in Dusseldorf and im trying to work out how far away my Hotel should be from the train station I will be getting the train to Hannover at.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.05.2007 21:27 

LOL, i thought this game was played on the 12th of July, but thats when the Rangers team fly out.
Looking forward for my first trip to Germany, especialy to see the Rangers!
Im sure there will be a lot of Bears coming from Scotland and Northern Ireland.

WATP!

David

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2007 01:04 

@ Muck: definetly not. Central stations are called Hauptbahnhof in German (and propably the English version of db.de as well). Flughafen stands for airport, which tend to be located a bit more outside of the city. Düsseldorf airport being quite big it is in the middle of nowhere from a Düsseldorf-city point-of-view.

At all the bears coming: Have a nice time and good luck on planning the trip! Hanover is the right place to start experiencing Germany I think.

(Ok, I am biased)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.05.2007 20:59 

Squig hat geschrieben:
@ Muck: definetly not. Central stations are called Hauptbahnhof in German (and propably the English version of db.de as well). Flughafen stands for airport, which tend to be located a bit more outside of the city. Düsseldorf airport being quite big it is in the middle of nowhere from a Düsseldorf-city point-of-view.

At all the bears coming: Have a nice time and good luck on planning the trip! Hanover is the right place to start experiencing Germany I think.

(Ok, I am biased)

Düsseldorf Hbf >>>> Hannover Hbf
Hannover Hbf >>>> Düsseldorf Hbf

Is that okay? Dusseldorf Hbf? Is this the main train station?

Thanks for the help

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.05.2007 23:43 

You are correct. Hbf is the main station in the centre of town.

Make absolutly sure you are not booking a flight to Düsseldorf Weese, which is nowhere near Düsseldorf! It is in fact in the middle of knowhere and right up north on the Dutch border.

You can find loads of cheap hotels in Hannover and other German cities on www.hotel.de. My favouite is the City Hotel am Thielenplatz which is about 300 metres from Hannover "Hbf" and about 20 mins walk from the stadium.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.05.2007 23:35 

hi all im a teddy bear in germany lol, does anyone now the time of kick off and the date for the game aswell as how can we get tickets or its it buy on the gate???

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.05.2007 15:59 

[quote="Muck9"]Hello, I will be coming over for the match can anyone give me some help:

Is there any information on ticketing yet?
How easy is it from Dusseldorf (Weeze) to get to Hannover?
Have details been fixed yet like the Kick Off Time?

Thanks[/quote]

Dear friends from Glasgow,

I do not recommend flying to Weeze, which is more than 70km (=approx. 45 miles) away from Duesseldorf. The small Weeze-airport is a former British military base and is located in the middle of nowhere. It is quite a hassle to get away from there, most tourists think it is Duesseldorf and are shocked when they have to pay EUR 100 for the cab to Duesseldorf. Trains do not exist! Once you finally arrive in Duesseldorf, add a 3 hour ride on the ICE train to Hanover for nearly EUR 100 (return).

I would recommend flying straight to Hanover airport (HAJ), from Glasgow via Stanstead. The airport is only 15 minutes by train from the city center.
This is the most convenient way. Ryanair to other airports (e.g. Luebeck) might be cheaper regarding the airfare. However, you have to add the price for the ride with German Bahn, which can be very expensive and quite exhausting.

Whichever your way of travel, we will be happy to meet you all in our beloved Hanover and look forward to have a couple of pints and some bratwurst together.

Cheers
Sebastian

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 4 | [ 67 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste