Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 2 | [ 27 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
 tickets for AWD Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: tickets for AWD
BeitragVerfasst: 18.07.2008 19:56 

hello all,
my first visit here, i am a fan for all german football - except of course for wo***b**g (!)
so next season i hope i can visit hannover96. i have been to the stadium a couple of times, mostly in its old life as niedersachsenstadion. only once been to a game at the new stadium, and that was for the FIFA WM 2006 poland v costa rica, so not real football - only FIFA-land where you can only drink budweiser, eat mcdonalds and live by master card

other than that i have been back to the new stadium, but each time there was never a match on, and as we all know, to visit a stadium with no match is like being in santas grotto in july

but i have this question: - i heard that everything in the stadium is worked through the card: entry, beers, refreshments etc etc. (i guess like i have seen at sc@lke and munich)
first of all: is this true? and if so, how do i get one of these cards? can i get one on a matchday? are they available for just occasional visitors, or do i have to pay a hefty Pfand for it?

best of luck for the new season
:D

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: tickets for AWD
BeitragVerfasst: 19.07.2008 10:14 

northerner hat geschrieben:
but i have this question: - i heard that everything in the stadium is worked through the card: entry, beers, refreshments etc etc. (i guess like i have seen at sc@lke and munich)
first of all: is this true? and if so, how do i get one of these cards? can i get one on a matchday? are they available for just occasional visitors, or do i have to pay a hefty Pfand for it?

Hi northerner!

Tickets for entry can be bought on matchday (if the game is not sold out) and payed with 'real' money at the arena. In- and outside the arena occasional visitors are able to buy a so called AWD-Arena-Karte, which can be loaded with amounts between 20 to 150 €. Pfand for this card is 3 € and will be sold back at the same terminals You bought it, when You leave the stadium.

Greetings from Hannover!

Peter Scholl-Latour über Journalismus

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.07.2008 22:43 

If my brain works correctly and so far I remember I did not pay any "Pfand" for my card!! :!:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2008 19:06 

thanks for the replies. looking forward to my visit to AWDArena right now. especially when i see how the cricket is going :( :(

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2008 20:21 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Can't help you on the cricket part, but which game are you planning on seeing? and how does an Englishman (just assuming here) become a fan of the Bundesliga?
(yadi yadi, keep the converstaion going ;-) )

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2008 23:20 

Come and visit the courtyard for extremely Vor- and Nachglühing!! :nuke:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2008 19:15 

well, i have an idea for the game against borussia mg on 14th sept.
sorry, but for me, sunday games are quite good. plenty of time to travel to get to the town without missing out on the pre-match beer too much.

yes, i am a englishman. first came to germany (for football) in the EM 1988, not a good experience - there was A LOT of hooliganism, but came again in (about) 1993 (?) for a pre-season game at Bochum.
these days i come over 4 or 5 times a year. i have some favourite teams, and not really any teams i dislike. still like to visit bochum, but its good to just pull up at a town and enjoy a match.
(almost) every place there is a good welcome. there are only 2 or 3 times i have felt threatened and that was mostly because i didn't quite know what was going on. once in hamburg and once in augsburg spring to mind but then again, i have good times in these places too

Hannover is a really beautiful city and worth a visit itself. its just a shame that it is so long since i saw a game at the niedersachsen/awd arena. this year i promise myself to put that right.

so, where is the courtyard. sounds my kind of place!!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2008 20:35 

Cool.
The Courtyard is a hotel really close to the Niedersachsenstadion (we like to stick with the old name) where especially people from this forum, but also lots of other fans, meet before and after matches in the bar to have one, two or 15 beer and talk about football and the rest of the world

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2008 17:50 

Northerner

You will guess from my name where I am from, but I have been going over to Hannover 3, 4 sometimes 5 times a season for the past 5 years or so. I can assure you that everyone at the ground is most welcoming towards English visitors. Tickets for matches are not difficult to obtain, although I tend to order mine in advance over the internet and collect them outside the ground.

You will not believe how cheap everything is compared with the UK. The best seats in the stadium are under £30 and a programme is 1.50 Euro. The card you need for buying food and beer can be obtained from a kiosk just inside the main entrance. It is a realy good system as everyone gets served at the bar quickly and without having to mess around with cash.

I intend travelling over some time early in the season, but I have no firm plans as yet. The Sunday games are indeed good ones to get to as the flights are much cheaper. Have you looked at flying to Bremen or Hamburg and getting the train down to Hannover? It is by far the cheapest option.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss things further.

Cheers, John

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.08.2008 23:04 

well, the more i read about this, the more i am looking forward to my visit.
i am certainly coming to the game against borussia in September now.

i'm not so keen on flying so like to use Eurostar (to koln). in September i will travel by ferry (harwich to hook van holland) and then train
certainly slower than flights (especially if you live in blackburn) but not very expensive and i hope more fun than all that "take off your shoes" etc etc at the airport

i had forgotten that michael tarnat is at hannover. i remember him at man city a few years ago. is he still playing regularly? he must be quite old now...

perhaps we will meet up with some hannover96 fans, the courtyard sounds like the place to be

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.08.2008 20:26 

of course, there are also a few other places to meet; e.g. the "Waterloo Biergarten" (beer garden) and so on..

and yeah, Michael Tarnat is still playing, but he unfortunately injured 2 weeks ago. he'll miss the match against borussia m'gladbach :(
look here: http://www.hannover96.com/CDA/news/latest-info/detailansicht.html?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=32431&cHash=e13ac6b308

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.09.2008 17:54 

What about your plans? Are they still actual or did you cancel the trip? :P

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.09.2008 10:01 

well, its all systems go.
i don't have any ticket for sundays match, but i don't expect too many problems getting in. buying a warm beer and a meat-and-potato-pie might be more of a challenge but, hey, it takes all kinds of different cultures to make a world.
to all the H96 fans out there who may be at the match, look out for a fat bald englishman with a blackburn rovers shirt on and say hello

lets hope its a good game with an atmosphere. i have checked the weather forecast and it says dry, which will be a blessed relief for me at least.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.09.2008 11:34 

Have fun mate! If 96 plays better than in the last games it should be a good atmosphere, and Gilde and Bratwurst will make you forget your weird English cravings ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.09.2008 21:11 

Hello,

at first I wish You a pleasant trip to Hannover.

You reach the AWD-Arena by riding the subway-line 3, 7 or 9 from mainstation to Station Waterloo. Use the northern enterance. There You can buy Your ticket für the western or eastern Area. Among the Hannover-supporters in northern Area are only a few seats free.

Don't forget to buy a arenacard. You can load 20-50 € on it for cooled beer (the foam You have to blow away Yourself), soft drinks, fried or boiled sausages, burgers or potatoe chips. In the offical supporters-pub "Nordkurve" (in a japanese house!) You can join other food, for example the "Original Chancellor Schröder"-Meal (a fried curry-spized sausage mit potatoe chips red/white).

If we don't see us I say: Welcome to the City of Hannover, the Fair-City, Capital of lower-saxsonny and place ot the Expo 2000! Best wishes for a good an interesting match, 3 point for Hannover and maybe we see (Tanne) Tarnat supporting our Team or Forsell playing and making the deciding goal for Hannover!

See You

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.09.2008 01:58 

I hope you enjoyed your trip, northerner! No reaction yet..
But retrospective i think it wasn't the worst decision to choose this match ;)
:fan:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.09.2008 20:36 

hello all. just got home last night and like you say - not the worst game to choose.
well, i never made it to the courtyard - that must wait until next time! i did get to the waterloo beergarten, which was good but it took me some time to work out that you pay at a small window for your beer and then fetch it from the bar. my apologies if i upset anyone by going to the bar first, it was really a mistake!!
then to the nordkurve bar where it was a good party. the big screen was showing the formula 1. it seems that the germans like formula 1 again after a few years without "schumi". now they have a new hero! the beer was good there and a special thank you to those who looked after us there. Big cheers to Michael and Angie ! Prost!

i got tickets for the west stand for 28euro, not the cheapest, but good seats. the atmosphere in the ground was excellent, a good support for hannover. i thought the ground looked a bit empty when i got in and i was afraid for a small crowd in a big stadium, but it filled up close to kick off.
of course, the game went well, so that pleased all the crowd, even the people around me with their tartan blankets and thermos flasks!
a good backing for the visitors. but more of that later....
the arena card was very easy to use - too easy perhaps :-( (i am always amazed when technology works) and i managed to pour in a couple more beers during the game

after the game, i made my way back into town. it was a bit sad to see fans fighting in the car park outside after the match. i love my football, and i can understand that some people love their clubs a bit too much. but the hooliganism is something we can do without. cut it out, girls!

oh, and one final thing: the city of hannover is a lovely one. i know i said this at the start of the thread, but it is worth repeating for anyone who missed it.
(now, where do i get my fee from the Hannover tourist Board?)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2008 18:51 

Glad you enjoyed your trip and well done for choosing the first win of the season. I wish I could have been there with you.

I'm very surprised to hear about fighting between fans. In 5 years of going to Hannover I have never seen a single incident of this type.

I agree with you about the credit card system inside and around the ground. It works very well and should be looked into over here in the UK, but then we do not handle drink as well as the Germans.

Let me know when you are planning to go again. Perhaps we can meet up.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.10.2008 13:13 

Hallo Hannover fans.

We are four Danes travelling to Hannover for a game and some beers in the last week end af november.

We are going to see the game against Karlsruhe and just want some advise about where to sit/stand if we want to be in an area with some nice singing and shouting. Are visitors welcome in the singing areas or is it better to get a seat above the singing area?

Also: How do you oredict the atmosphere against a club like Karlsruhe?

thanks

Kim

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.10.2008 14:30 

I think its better to get a seat in "Nordkurve-Oberrang".
Its in the fancorner and I think there will be a great atmosphere and you can shout and support our Team =)!
But I dont think that u can get tickets for the standing area...Its sold out I think.
But in the "Nordkurve" you are always welcome and its perfect to support Hannover 96!Just take a try! :wink:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 2 | [ 27 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste