Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 5 Beiträge ] | 
 Saturday 3:30 ETC: VFB Stuttgart - Hannover 96 Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Saturday 3:30 ETC: VFB Stuttgart - Hannover 96
BeitragVerfasst: 19.03.2010 15:06 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Well, Stuttgart just got a crushing 4 - 0 defeat at Camp Nou. We don't have Messi (unfortunately), but I am confident that we could be able to upset Stuttgart as well when they keep playing so lethargic. The real hard teams still await us later this season, so let's hope for the best!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.03.2010 17:30 

Why do you write Hanover with double N ?

In english has it only one N , hasn't it ? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.03.2010 17:37 

If you are going to correct every mistake in EVERY threat you will be very busy.

If it is right, that squig is from Amsterdam he is not a native speaker, as everyone of us.

I think it is not necessary to act like that. We can be lucky, that there is any traffic in here.

:roll:

Uwe Klimaschewski auf einer PK (damals Trainer des FC Saarbrücken) : „Weitere Fragen kann ich nicht beantworten. Ich muss jetzt zu meinen Spielern. Die sind so blind, dass sie den Weg von der Kabine zum Bus nicht finden.“

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 20.03.2010 00:37 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

I am from Hanover, and lived in Amsterdam for a while.

The name of the city can be written either with one ro two 'n's. A 100 years ago it used to be only with one 'n', but especially Americans like to spell names in the way they are spelled in the native language they come from. English dictionaries list both variants. (I prefer writing it with one 'n').
If you are referring to historic entities with the name, for example the House of Hanover (kings of England) or the kingdom of Hanover, you should always write it with one 'n'.
If you are writing about names, for example of sport clubs, you should write it with two 'n's. That's how Wikipedia does it as well, for example. It's a bit weird, since they refer to bayern as 'Bayern Munich', not Bayern München, but I have never seen tha football club been written with one 'n'.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 21.03.2010 03:27 

2-0 loss.

The first goal was off a cross and a header, something 96 have been very, very weak against this season.

Second goal was literally given to Stuttgart by the 96 defense who were sleeping, passing the ball back and forth and eventually one defender didn't pay attention and boom, easy goal, handed to the striker.

96 played well early on, but sloppy play and poor attention on defense doomed them. Shame, I felt they could have easily gotten a draw here as Stuttgart seemed a bit tired and worn down, ripe for the picking. A win was even a possibility from the early pace.

Oh well :(

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 5 Beiträge ] |