Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 9 Beiträge ] | 
 Hannover 96 v Hamburg SV - 21/11/10 Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Hannover 96 v Hamburg SV - 21/11/10
BeitragVerfasst: 11.10.2010 21:57 

Evening,
would be grateful for any tips/advice on how me and a few friends can enjoy a 'typical' german football experience in Hannover city and at the AWD Arena. We keen to watch Hannover96 v Hamburg SV on 21st November and am wondering:

- when do tickets for this match go on general sale?. I have read elsewhere in this forum that you can buy tickets online and collect on the day.

- I note watching german football matches on ESPN that sometimes both sets of supporters put on some choreography/display before kick-off. Where is the best part of the AWD Arena when purchasing tickets, to watch the match and enjoy the spectacle of the home and away supporters?.

- We intend to arrive by train from Hamburg in the afternoon and any pointers for good football-related bars/ restaurants in Hannover?. Looking for some authentic german places to drink the local brew/prematch food, rather than just another irish bar with sky TV. (We can do that at home)

- Best place for souvenirs. At stadium or in city centre?

- After the match, keen to avoid getting the 'football special' back to Hamburg with the away fans. Do they tend to keep away fans in after the match?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but want to make the day as memorable as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info

cheers

Paul

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hannover 96 v Hamburg SV - 21/11/10
BeitragVerfasst: 11.10.2010 23:14 

Hi Paul!

Should you really plan on obtaining tickets for the Hanover 96 vs. SV Hamburg match on 21 Nov, I suggest that you don't waste any more time, as this match is usually sold out weeks
in advance. I don't actually know if online orders for tickets are possible from locations outside Germany. Perhaps you contact the club directly via email.

Speaking from experience, though, some tickets will be available on the main road leading from the tube station Waterloo (it's really called that!) to the stadium. However, you should insist on paying the exact price printed on the ticket and not get involved in any stupid horse trading. Selling tickets for the exact price is legal, whereas demanding a higher price is certainly not.

Just in case you can't get hold of any tickets, there's still the chance to watch the match on a big screen directly in front of our stadium at the Nordkurve bar, which is usually packed by many enthusiastic supporters.

The best place to watch a match in our stadium is a matter of personal preference. Somewhere close to the Northern stands (the main supporters stand) is always good.

As far as bars or retaurants are concerned, perhaps someone else might have a piece of advice on hand for you and your friends. You have to try a few half-litres of "Hannöversch", though. It's the one of the best, if not THE best, local brew.

Souvernirs are best bought directly at the Hanover 96 shop at the stadium. Remember, the match is scheduled for a Sunday, and normal high street shops are closed on Sundays. Besides, the range of souvernirs at the stadium shop is second to none.

As far as travelling back to Hamburg by train is concerned, you might consider buying a more expensive ticket for an intercity express service, rather than for the cheaper intercity and regional express services, where most Hamburg supporters will be travelling on. Being a Sunday night, all of these train services are probably quite packed with passengers anyway.

Well, I hope you found some useful advice here.

Best wishes,
Thomas

I will take you with me. You might learn something. - About soccer? - No, mate! Not about soccer! And for *****'s sake, stop calling it soccer. It's called football, just remember that, will you? - CHARLIE HUNNAM in GREEN STREET

BeitragVerfasst: 12.10.2010 12:19 

Hi Paul,
grimsbyyorkie hat geschrieben:
Evening,
would be grateful for any tips/advice on how me and a few friends can enjoy a 'typical' german football experience in Hannover city and at the AWD Arena. We keen to watch Hannover96 v Hamburg SV on 21st November and am wondering:

- when do tickets for this match go on general sale?. I have read elsewhere in this forum that you can buy tickets online and collect on the day.

Look here for tickets: http://www.hannover96.com/CDA/commercesites/tickets0/tickets.html

Better use the Ticket-Hotline: +49 01805-1896 00 (the online-shop is in german) before the match is sold-out.

- I note watching german football matches on ESPN that sometimes both sets of supporters put on some choreography/display before kick-off. Where is the best part of the AWD Arena when purchasing tickets, to watch the match and enjoy the spectacle of the home and away supporters?.

The best place to watch the match and the spectacle of the home and away supporters is at the western (Westtribüne) or eastern stand (Osttribüne)

- We intend to arrive by train from Hamburg in the afternoon and any pointers for good football-related bars/ restaurants in Hannover?. Looking for some authentic german places to drink the local brew/prematch food, rather than just another irish bar with sky TV. (We can do that at home)

Recommended bars/restaurants:
Brauhaus Ernst August
Schmiedestr. 13 

30159 Hannover

HBX-Stadtbrauerei am Aegi
Osterstr. 64 

30159 Hannover

Nordkurve
Arthur-Menge-Ufer 8
30169 Hannover

Courtyard-Hotel
Arthur-Menge-Ufer 3
30169 Hannover

More you will find in the old town of hannover.

- Best place for souvenirs. At stadium or in city centre?

The match is scheduled for a sunday, so the most shops are closed. At the main-station and at the stadium (96-shop) you will find open shops.

- After the match, keen to avoid getting the 'football special' back to Hamburg with the away fans. Do they tend to keep away fans in after the match?

It rules friendship between the supporters of Hannover 96 and Hamburger SV. That will You taste and enjoy while staying at the stadium and You won't have problems with the away supporters.
Sorry to ask so many questions, but want to make the day as memorable as possible.

Thanks in advance for any info

cheers

Paul

Best wishes

Herr Rossi

Jean Paul Sartre

BeitragVerfasst: 12.10.2010 12:54 

Greetz Paul,

the use to capacity of this game has already reached 86%. You should hurry up to get some seats that are abreast!

Herr Rossi hat geschrieben:
HBX-Stadtbrauerei am Aegi
Osterstr. 64 

30159 Hannover

I really like the Pils they're brewing, cause it's light and sweet (personal taste, of course).

Herr Rossi hat geschrieben:
Nordkurve
Arthur-Menge-Ufer 8
30169 Hannover

You'll find all other fans in the area around the Nordkurve before the game, since it's findable diagonally opposite to the stadium (northern entrance).
Should be a good opportunity to get yourselves a german Bratwurst :mrgreen:

Enjoy your trip!

Edit: http://tinyurl.com/2utvdyv
Route from the main station to the Nordkurve, via HBX-Stadtbrauerei am Aegi. Note, that there are alternative routes ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 12.10.2010 17:27 

Hey Paul,

are you from Grimbsby? Unbelievable, my youth orchestra in the past had the Grimbsy & Cleethorpes Youth Orchestra as a partnerorchestra so I spent a couple of weeks over there playing concerts in different schools.

And I grew up in Bradford, that's not too far, too!

Hope to be there soon to show my family where I used to live!

Take care!

Ben Folds - "All You Can Eat"

BeitragVerfasst: 13.10.2010 10:19 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

I also prefer the beer brewed at HBX, their dark beer is a light ale which I heartily recommend. If you decide to stay overnight in Hanover and go back on Monday or to arrive on Saturday I would also recommend ...und der böse Wolf in Linden and Döbbecke in Bothfeld beer-wise and 11A, also in Linden, for food.

BeitragVerfasst: 15.10.2010 18:09 

Please note that the match is new scheduled to saturday 2010-11-20 at 3:30 pm because of a holiday! That means, that the most shops in the city has opened to 8:00 pm.

Jean Paul Sartre

BeitragVerfasst: 31.10.2010 00:48 

@ grimsbyyorkie

Do you have no interest in the game anymore :?:

BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2010 21:41 

Evening, writing to thank you all for your tips, contributions etc. Have just secured the tickets (fortunately we decided against booking the train tickets before the match was moved to 20/11) so am looking forward to seeing Hannover and the match.

Many thanks again....

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 9 Beiträge ] |