Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 4 Beiträge ] | 
 Hannover 96 fanhaus and friendly rivalry with Hamburg SV Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Hannover 96 fanhaus and friendly rivalry with Hamburg SV
BeitragVerfasst: 27.11.2010 22:49 

Evening,
have returned from a great weekend in Germany with the highlight being Hannover 96 v Hamburg SV. Thanks to all who replied to earlier thread about bars/restuarants. Enjoyed day in Hannover and AWD. I would appreciate a if you could take time to answer a couple more questions that were raised watching the match:

-Where is the location of Hannover 96 fanhaus?. Is it near the AWD or in Hannover centre?

-We watched the match in West tribune surrounded by many Hamburg supporters. We also noticed Hamburg supporters mixing in the bars and during the match both sets of supporters chanting "HSV" at each other. I have heard of friendships between clubs in different countries but this is the first time i have witnessed in same league. Why is Hannover and Hamburg SV friends, and not Bremen or St Pauli?.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hannover 96 fanhaus and friendly rivalry with Hamburg SV
BeitragVerfasst: 27.11.2010 23:14 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Glad you had a great time!
grimsbyyorkie hat geschrieben:
Evening,
have returned from a great weekend in Germany with the highlight being Hannover 96 v Hamburg SV. Thanks to all who replied to earlier thread about bars/restuarants. Enjoyed day in Hannover and AWD.

Great you enjoyed it. May I ask where exactly you went and what you liked?
I would appreciate a if you could take time to answer a couple more questions that were raised watching the match:

-Where is the location of Hannover 96 fanhaus?. Is it near the AWD or in Hannover centre?

If you mean the pub organized by the fans, it's actually called Nordkurve and is opposite the stadium.
The old headquarter and old fan shop used to be close to the HCC, in the East of the city. But I think those have different fuinctions now, as everything got concentrated in the stadium.
-We watched the match in West tribune surrounded by many Hamburg supporters. We also noticed Hamburg supporters mixing in the bars and during the match both sets of supporters chanting "HSV" at each other. I have heard of friendships between clubs in different countries but this is the first time i have witnessed in same league. Why is Hannover and Hamburg SV friends, and not Bremen or St Pauli?.

We used to be neutral towards each other, but both have rivalries with Bremen, Pauli and Brunswick. So the ultra-groups just became friends during a few visits in the late 90s. There are a few more of those within Germany though, like Schalke and Nuremberg and Bochum and Bayern, so it's not so special.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hannover 96 fanhaus and friendly rivalry with Hamburg SV
BeitragVerfasst: 29.11.2010 00:13 

Evening the city was nice. After arriving at the train station we walked through the centre to the AWD. Beer and food was eaten at and around the Nordkurve. Further beers was drunk inside the stadium itself.

We was in West Tribune block 3 (lower tier) and surrounded by Hamburg fans. It took us a while to realise our entrance was back round near the North part of the stadium and we then had to walk all the way round to get our seats. The match was excellent, although i cannot imagine every match in Bundesliga is a 3-2 thriller.

One observation from me (an english football supporter) was the post match celebrations from the players. In england, teams only celebrate as much as that when they have gained promotion or won a cup.

I enjoyed bundesliga football and will visit Germany again

prost

BeitragVerfasst: 02.12.2010 15:27 

Zitat:
If you mean the pub organized by the fans, it's actually called Nordkurve and is opposite the stadium.

Sorry? Organized by the fans? No way! This pub is a normal pub, the owner is (again) Ralf Schnitzmeier.
The "Fanhaus" is very close to the old "Eilenriede Stadion", this house is organized by the fans. If you will be back in Hannover in spring (or summer), maybe you can join a party.
http://maps.google.de/maps?hl=de&q=eile ... a=N&tab=wl
From the station (Hannover Hbf) you can use the bus 128 or 134, or the Subway 11 from Kröpcke (Direction Zoo)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 4 Beiträge ] |