Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 8 Beiträge ] | 
 Travelling from the UK? Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Travelling from the UK?
BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 18:48 

Hi Guys,

I was wondering which way of travelling from the UK to Hannover is most preferred? I worked in Langenhagen for a few months just before Christmas and took in a few games. I was instantly hooked and would enjoy more visits. I'm hoping to get to a game before the end of the season and bring along my twelve year old son. My problem is trying to weigh up which is the most economic way of travelling over? Flights appear expensive for two of us or am I looking in the wrong place? Certainly flying would be by far the quickest. I'm struggling to find out if it is at all possible to travel by train. Is it viable? Possible? and then there is driving over which I did when I went out last year. By far the slowest way of getting over but maybe the cheapest?. I'm maybe looking at getting over at Easter time or maybe the Freiburg game towards the end of April. Once I'm sorted it is something I may do three or four times a season if at all possible. If any of you guys have any experience of travelling over and would like to share it I would be most appreciated.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Travelling from the UK?
BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 19:05 

Where are you come from, which city?
Normally it's the easiest way to travel with a plane. Maybe you can use an cheap arline like FlyBe.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 19:24 

Hi Trivium,

I'm travelling from Manchester. I have looked into flights but they all seem to be around the £300 mark direct to Hannover. However I'm no expert on the net and maybe looking in the wrong places.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 19:40 

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve your travelling-problem.

But it's great to hear from you und to have a new 96-fan in the UK! Welcome!
I hope you can infect your son, too...
And maybe you can travel to a game in Manchester soon. By bus. Or bike. Or you just take a walk.
:wink2:
I hope, you'll find a cheap way to Hannover and see a great victory here.
:hallo:

BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 20:43 

Hey ya,
I'd say the cheapest way for you to get here is indeed by plane. Manchester is handy to travel from.
You could fly from Manchester to Bremen with Ryanair and then take the train from Bremen (That's about 25€/20pounds for two persons) to Hannover.
Another possibility to get from Bremen to Hannover is a "Mitfahrgelegenheit" (www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de; there are people driving from one place to another and are willing to share their car. It's quite cheap and comfy. I guess it's about 10€/person).
Hope I was able to help =)

BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 23:00 

Alternative You can fly with Air Berlin to Paderborn and ride from there the train to Hannover. It is possible to travel by train (Eurostar) from Britain to Hannover. But for the distance between London Victoria Station via Bruxelles and Cologne to Hannover You will need 10-11 hours for one direction!

Jean Paul Sartre

BeitragVerfasst: 11.03.2012 23:27 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Check http://www.skyscanner.net/ to find cheap flights (but book the flights directly at the airlines). Hanover airport is not well connected to Britain other than BM, but Bremen, Hamburg and Paderborn are feasible for a one-night stay; Berlin, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt Main (not Frankfurt Hahn, that one is terrible!) for two-day stays. Should save you a lot of money (and time) over train or car. If you want to go by train, check www.db.de

BeitragVerfasst: 21.03.2012 15:07 

Hi ...

there are not so much dates left. Against Mönchengladbach is allready Sold-out.
Against Wolfsburg is on Wednesday which is probably not the best day to make a short trip to Germany, because of your Job and the School of your Son.

Freiburg is sheduled Sunday Evening.

The Last Match of the Season (5.5 15:30)is probably the most attractive, but you have to hurry. It´s nearly sold out.

There is a Non-stop flight directly from Manchester at Matchday/Saturday Morning at 7.35. Arrival in Hannover is at 10:20. So there is enough time left to do a bit Sightseeing after checking in the Hotel.

Next day (Sunday 6.5) at 19:35 there is flight back directly to Manchester. 2 hours later you will arrive there.

For 2 Persons i have found the cheapest Offer (searches with swoodoo.de) is 239€. The Airline is flybe.

Here is the Link : (It´s a search Engine. Wait a moment .. he sorts the flights from cheap to Expensive)

http://www.swoodoo.com/de/flugsuche/Man ... e6d97e3714

Booking the flights early as possible makes the offers cheaper. In a few days there is maybe no possibility anymore to get the flight for 239€.

Then you have to book Tickets for the Match asap and you should search for a cheap Hotel. I think the whole Package you would get for less than 400€.

Good luck an have fun ...

If you need further help simply ask hiere in the Forum. We will help you ;)

Greetings
Thorsten

Bild

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 8 Beiträge ] |