Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 9 von 10 | [ 183 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste
 Clint Mathis Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: clint thread killer
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2004 17:22 

A funny observation on the Big Soccer S365 chatroom....

"What's funny is, knowing Clint, this story will end with him banging in a goal against Germany in the WC - running up to Arena (The USA Coach) and pointing to his watch...

...and Bruce (Arena) loving every minute of it."

I look forward to that day....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2004 17:30 

In your dreams... :shock:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2004 19:53 

aw come on p-real- it could happen... actually i see demarcus beasley scoring not mathis- but who knows. (stevie passes to donovan- who sends through ball to beasley who burries it ).

hey- in korea- if it wasn't for kahn maybe we win that game!-

while it would be fun playing germany(assuming once again we qualify)- i'd rather not play them this time(until the final maybe!!)- i still think germany on home soil will be a tough team. but if we do play i'd still give us a good shot.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2004 02:57 

" hey- in korea- if it wasn't for kahn maybe we win that game! "

The only reason Germany won that World Cup game was that the ref (a fu--ing stupid Sotsman Hugh Dallas) didnt/doesnt understand the rules of the game - he failed to award a penalty and failed to issue a red card to Frings for a blatant handball in goal while standing on the goal-line!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2004 18:39 

keith wrote
Zitat:
The only reason Germany won that World Cup game was that the ref (a fu--ing stupid Sotsman Hugh Dallas) didnt/doesnt understand the rules of the game - he failed to award a penalty and failed to issue a red card to Frings for a blatant handball in goal while standing on the goal-line!

i remember the call- - seemed to be a bad call for sure. do we win the game if that is called a penalty? maybe- but it's hard to say. all i know is after the game i felt we had outplayed(or at least had been equals to) one of the top soccer nations- so i was proud of the team.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.12.2004 01:24 

madrat hat geschrieben:
keith wrote
Zitat:

i remember the call- - seemed to be a bad call for sure. do we win the game if that is called a penalty? maybe- but it's hard to say. all i know is after the game i felt we had outplayed(or at least had been equals to) one of the top soccer nations- so i was proud of the team.

Well do you think that a 10 man Germany team already a goal down (assuming the penalty wasn't saved!) would have defeated the USA - a team that was already dominating the game???

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.12.2004 04:24 

keith wrote
Zitat:
Well do you think that a 10 man Germany team already a goal down (assuming the penalty wasn't saved!) would have defeated the USA - a team that was already dominating the game???

hey- i don't know- i'd say we would have had a good chance- but then again- maybe germany gets desperate & brings their play to another level. what if's are tough- what i do know- is in my mind we played a major soccer nation & played a great game.

i'd love a rematch in 06-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.12.2004 23:00 

http://www.mlsnet.com/images/2004/12/27/FOA7uHpO.jpg

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 00:13 

Newspaper reports that the deal with MLS and Salt Lake City is close to being inked. We will receive up to 250.000 Euro for Mathis. Also, SLC will invite the team of Hannover 96 over to the US some time before 2008, presumably for a match.

So there you go, you'll be able to see the Reds in the US. Um, in this decade anyway. :wink:

I'll assume that this will not happen before 2006 though.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 04:15 

der rote hat geschrieben:
Newspaper reports that the deal with MLS and Salt Lake City is close to being inked. We will receive up to 250.000 Euro for Mathis. Also, SLC will invite the team of Hannover 96 over to the US some time before 2008, presumably for a match.

So there you go, you'll be able to see the Reds in the US. Um, in this decade anyway. :wink:

I'll assume that this will not happen before 2006 though.

Hannover doesnt deserve one single dime for Mathis. He joined on a Free Transfer and so Hannover is making money by sheer exploitation of a player who they have totally screwed.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 15:27 

Well, how about this: he pocketed lots of cash and gave nothing back in terms of performance.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 17:06 

der rote hat geschrieben:
Well, how about this: he pocketed lots of cash and gave nothing back in terms of performance.

Poor lad... The money he earned was his compensation. After all he had a really bad time in Hannover and people were so mean to him. We should have paid him more, really. After all he has been through... :cry:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 19:37 

That's true. If my friend is to be believed, he was downright miserable all these times in Hannover's discos when he was trying to flirt with each and every girl. :wink:

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 29.12.2004 22:46 

I heard the same stories, actually. Well, he did have to chill after all the trouble and misery he had been through - the poor thing. Ow, bless him...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 30.12.2004 01:33 

I wish him all the best in Salt Lake City.

Everyone should do what makes him happy. I once met him in a disco ;) nad thought he was a great person.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.01.2005 00:32 

ok- i thought i was done with clint mathis- but just saw this article on yahoo sports http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-saltlake-mathis&prov=ap&type=lgns

hmm.... torture me- send me to germany please...

der rote wrote
Zitat:
he was downright miserable all these times in Hannover's discos when he was trying to flirt with each and every girl.

ha!!! well- now i am jealous of the guy.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Why is the coach a moron?
BeitragVerfasst: 17.01.2005 19:20 

Keith hat geschrieben:
Has it occurred to you that Mathis might be affected by the COACHES attitude?? Geeze. This coach doesnt sound like he is in the Arsene Wenger class! Now Arsene CAN manage players from foreign countries. Apparently Krauts cant? Perhaps this is why it is rumoured that Cherondolo is set to move to another club? Just join the dots pal - and dont forget to smell the coffee.

And no I am not a teenager but I am a coach, one who likes to see fair play from coaches, not grudge-monkeys.

Disgrunteld Yank.
At least disgruntled over Mathis treatment. Hell I wish he was still burning up the turf at the MetroStars.........

Funny you mentioned Arsene Wenger a while ago. Well, if you read the news you might know how he handles players he doesn't get on with... Ewald Lienen was pretty discreet, really. But then again, what do I know?!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Why is the coach a moron?
BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2005 15:13 

P-REAL hat geschrieben:
Keith hat geschrieben:
Has it occurred to you that Mathis might be affected by the COACHES attitude?? Geeze. This coach doesnt sound like he is in the Arsene Wenger class! Now Arsene CAN manage players from foreign countries. Apparently Krauts cant? Perhaps this is why it is rumoured that Cherondolo is set to move to another club? Just join the dots pal - and dont forget to smell the coffee.

And no I am not a teenager but I am a coach, one who likes to see fair play from coaches, not grudge-monkeys.

Disgrunteld Yank.
At least disgruntled over Mathis treatment. Hell I wish he was still burning up the turf at the MetroStars.........

Funny you mentioned Arsene Wenger a while ago. Well, if you read the news you might know how he handles players he doesn't get on with... Ewald Lienen was pretty discreet, really. But then again, what do I know?!

On this subject - not much! :roll:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2005 18:58 

I wouldn't have expected anything else, really...

Well, since you know it all we don't really have to know anything. You will tell us all about it, anyway.

Thank you, Keith. For your knowledge and your wisdom.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2005 23:05 

a new book on sale soon- "How to win friends & influence people" by keith... sure to be a best seller!

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 9 von 10 | [ 183 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Nächste