Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 5 Beiträge ] | 
 who says german football is dead? Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: who says german football is dead?
BeitragVerfasst: 14.06.2005 20:26 

not so!
on sunday i went to the uefa women's championship group match, germany v france.
now i don't like to go for these stereotypes, but the french were very skilful, lots of flair, neat passing etc
and the germans of course were strong, well organised, well prepared and played a good team game.
first half even, both teams had some chances. probably the best chances to france, but no goals.
second half, more of the same until 15 minutes from the end when the german no10 scored - a good move finished by a weak-ish shot which somehow went in.
from then on, the french just fell apart. 2 minutes later, the french keeper fell over and trying to retrieve the ball gave away a penalty. 2-0
5 minutes on and it was 3-0, a lovely shot straight from a free kick.

the best was at the end. as the news came that norway had beaten italy 5-3 so the german fans start to sing. Frankreich ist Raus! (i know no german on this site, but it means France is out)

tomorrow is semi-final germany v finland
hope it is an equally good game

Tschuss!!
(i mean bye bye!)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.06.2005 00:14 

just back from the semi, germany 4 finland 1, and believe me when i say ity could have been 8-0 quite easily
also meant to add that i saw a banner which read "Mythos Fortuna Hannover"
whats all that about?
:?:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 16.06.2005 09:34 

Hi Jim! I hope, that i can help you with my lousy english-knowledge. ;)
I´m sorry if there were mistakes in my post.

I think "Mythos Fortuna Hannover" means only an club called "tsv fortuna sachsenroß von 1891 ev." It`s older than Hannover 96 but it is quite
insignificantly in the German Football.

At the Moment it`s Homepage is under construction, but you can find some Infos by the "way back machine" but only in German:
http://web.archive.org/web/200406110159 ... ortuna.de/

To the EM:
I`ve seen both games, and the semi-final v finland they showed us how an favorite hast to act. What a great game. :shock:

I think Sweden will win today, so it will be the same Final like the last world cup and european championship. I hope with the same results too.

And your german is quite good, so you don`t need to translate it. ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.06.2005 23:03 

well, just back from the final (v norway) and as predicted the german team won, score 3-1.
there was a lot of support for norway in the 21000 crowd, but still a sprinkling of german flags.
norway started off well and had some chances, and made the german defence look a bit shaky. but especially Jones (how does someone called Jones play for germany?) played well. as the game went on the defences of both teams looked on top, and when germany scored 2 quick goals it looked all over. the second goal at first appeared offside but i think tv showed it was good.
but norway found space behind the german back four and pulled one back. they even had second ruled out for offside. it was at the other end from where we sat, so i have to thank the ref for that decision.
2nd half the german team took a strong hold on the game, the norwegians tired and there was another goal for germany, a deflected shot.
germany could have scored more but did not need to. best player for germany today: conny pohlers. player of the tournament for me was Ariane hingts.(germany)

overall it has been a good tournament: germany were worthy winners, and i am even a little bit proud for the way it was organised by the english (especially when i see the circus at the american f1 grand prix.)

:D :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.06.2005 23:30 

jim hat geschrieben:
... (how does someone called Jones play for germany?) ...

Her Father is an American Soldier.

Bild
Bild
Bild

jippppiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 5 Beiträge ] |