Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 2 von 3 | [ 48 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3  Nächste

What are your predictions?
Umfrage endete am 11.12.2004 20:54 
Die Roten will win! 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
Draw! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hertha steals away the points... 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Abstimmungen insgesamt : 12

Hertha BSC Berlin (Last season and now ;-) ) Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 00:05 

D@ve hat geschrieben:
@ Keith

As it seems that you are almost always wrong with your predictions and statements

BULLSHIT - I have been wrong by only one goal in 4 matches - pal.
I have been very impressed by Hertha recently, the guy with the bleached hair is scoring at will.

Betreff des Beitrags: thanks!
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 11:02 

squig- thanks for the links!, i plan on using them for saturdays game. go reds!.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 16:02 

@ Keith

Did I read posts from another guy?

Nevertheless, I do not care what you think as we will get that win this Saturday 8)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 16:10 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

actually Keith did say Hannover will win most games lately... but time to prove him wrong, don't you think? ;-)
@madrat: That's why I posted them ;-)
fluent in german? and NDR2 also covers music, news and wheather and traffic and stuff like that, you won't hear soccer all the time... but they interrupt their program for goals, of course ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 17:50 

you all don`t speaking german?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 17:59 

HANNOVER 96 FOREVER hat geschrieben:

No, most of us are actually Germans, but posters like Keith and Madrat are from the USA and speak english fluent and only know some german, to less to really discuss about die roten I guess ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 22:20 

HANNOVER 96 FOREVER wrote:

Zitat:

squig wrote
Zitat:
No, most of us are actually Germans, but posters like Keith and Madrat are from the USA and speak english fluent and only know some german, to less to really discuss about die roten I guess

well- it was a long time ago- but if i had spent my year in german class studying harder maybe i could speak it now- unfortunately i spent more time in class trying to think up german curse words & pick up lines- as far as keith being from usa- is that confirmed? something about father being a english soldier in a prior post? maybe immigrated here... :shock:

looking forward to the game saturday- i think with a combination of the live ticker & the radio web-cast- should be good.

hopefully hanover will be on the tv soon - - fox sports world shows 1 or two bundesliga games weekly here- hopefully the bayer game in january will be shown, thanks for the help with the post, .....

Zuletzt geändert von madrat am 09.12.2004 23:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2004 22:37 

madrat hat geschrieben:
oops... i'm a caveman when it comes to techno stuff.... the bottom half of my last post- under "quote".. was me running at the mouth. as soon as i'm sure this computer stuff will catch on- i'll get serious & learn more about it...

You can edit your last post by hitting the button Bild
That way you can fix what you screwed up And avoid two postings in a row, which is sort of annoying if it happens to often and isn't seperated by a big amount of time ;-)
why don't you practice a bit and I delete your last post when your done, ha?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2004 05:33 

Squig hat geschrieben:
HANNOVER 96 FOREVER hat geschrieben:

No, most of us are actually Germans, but posters like Keith and Madrat are from the USA and speak english fluent and only know some german, to less to really discuss about die roten I guess ;-)

My family was from the UK but I am American. My twin brother is fluent in German having been to school in Hamburg.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2004 17:13 

As far as it concerns me, I am german, but spend 6 months in the US as an exchange student, have an American giflrfriend and speak english almost every day... ;-) I have a terrible accent though, good thing you don't have to hear me through the Net ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2004 23:23 

squig wrote
Zitat:
I have a terrible accent though, good thing you don't have to hear me through the Net ;-)

** maybe so- but your written english is very good. i think it's funny that most of the german posters say "sorry my english is so bad" when their english is usually very good (at least 10 times better than my german which has mostly been forgotten). i enjoy the input-- good english- or bad.

my story is i really didn't know about soccer at all until i was in college- got hooked watching the world cup on the spanish language station. when i graduated from school i did a european trip with a friend- we got a eurail pass & for a month traveled around. i spent 1 night in hanover but at the time i didn't know anything about the reds...

i'd love to visit germany again- hopefully for world cup 2006. (my wife is from ireland- so my plan is dump wife & kids in ireland- come to germany for a week or two of beer & football.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 00:03 

madrat hat geschrieben:
i'd love to visit germany again- hopefully for world cup 2006. (my wife is from ireland- so my plan is dump wife & kids in ireland- come to germany for a week or two of beer & football.

Well, Hannover will have it's share of matches, so you should come here. We'll find some accomodation for you, I'm sure. If I have some room in 2006, you're welcome to stay at my place. But it's still a long time in the future, so let's see what happens. :D

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 00:47 

madrat hat geschrieben:
squig wrote
Zitat:
I have a terrible accent though, good thing you don't have to hear me through the Net ;-)

** maybe so- but your written english is very good. i think it's funny that most of the german posters say "sorry my english is so bad" when their english is usually very good (at least 10 times better than my german which has mostly been forgotten). i enjoy the input-- good english- or bad.

my story is i really didn't know about soccer at all until i was in college- got hooked watching the world cup on the spanish language station. when i graduated from school i did a european trip with a friend- we got a eurail pass & for a month traveled around. i spent 1 night in hanover but at the time i didn't know anything about the reds...

I have been to Germany many times and really like country a lot. Germany is very clean and very efficient. The only negative - as in the rest of Europe - is that people actaully smoke cigarettes all over the place. In the US I dont know one single person who smokes and here I never ever come into contact with smoke in restaurants and pubs owing to the non-smoking regulations. In Europe you have to be prepared to smell like a kipper.

I like Munchen and have also spent a lot of time in Dusseldorf. I enjoy the food as well and have had some great meals in the German equivalent of an English pub. A highlight was a roast suckling pig which was amazing. You will find it VERY expensive however, perhaps the exchange rate will swing back to normality by 2006.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 01:00 

-thanks squig- you never know- obviously have to get permission from the boss (mrs. rat) before any world cup trip- but it would be fun...

and keith wrote
Zitat:
The only negative - as in the rest of Europe - is that people actaully smoke cigarettes all over the place. In the US I dont know one single person who smokes and here I never ever come into contact with smoke in restaurants and pubs owing to the non-smoking regulations. In Europe you have to be prepared to smell like a kipper

i don't smoke- but i love it that they smoke in europe- unfortunately that is changing- i'll be in ireland at christmas time & smoking is now banned from their pubs!!! sounds like england is following suit- i believe in freedom & a bar owner should have the right to allow smoking or ban it as he sees fit, if enough people don't like the smoke- surely there will be smoke free pubs popping up all over the place (or at least non-smoking section

Zuletzt geändert von madrat am 11.12.2004 08:19, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 01:53 

@ madrat: Still working on quoting, hm? ;-)

That smoking thing has - thank god - not changed in Europe, but that is something that comes thanks to American conversatists and european greens... I don't smoke but this is about personal freedom, just as banning alcoholics...
Anyways, It would be nice to see you hear in germany. I am going for sure to get tickets for the US squad, as it is almost impossible to get tickets for the German games and I have connections to the US ;-) Maybe we can set up a meeting, have some bier and good german food ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 05:55 

Squig hat geschrieben:
@ madrat: Still working on quoting, hm? ;-)

That smoking thing has - thank god - not changed in Europe, but that is something that comes thanks to American conversatists and european greens... I don't smoke but this is about personal freedom, just as banning alcoholics...
Anyways, It would be nice to see you hear in germany. I am going for sure to get tickets for the US squad, as it is almost impossible to get tickets for the German games and I have connections to the US ;-) Maybe we can set up a meeting, have some bier and good german food ;-)

No one has the "personal freedom" to pollute the air that others breathe - buddy.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 05:57 

Wow Mathis scored a GREAT goal against Hertha last time the two teams played...... Go Go Go #44....... :)

I heard on Fox Sports World that Hertha is trying to sign Hartson from Celtic......Geeze, Mathis wouls be a far better buy at half the price at least.

Betreff des Beitrags: still a caveman...
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 08:55 

yes- i'm still a caveman- maybe quicker to train a monkey-but i'm learning...
squig wrote
Zitat:
I don't smoke but this is about personal freedom, just as banning alcoholics...

hopefully i'll make it to the world cup- if so meeting would be fun.

as far as the smoking goes- i'm real big on personal freedom- keith says
Zitat:
No one has the "personal freedom" to pollute the air that others breathe - buddy

well- thats not correct. jet engines fly over my head every day- belching jet fumes- poluting the air i breath- i can't (& don't want to) stop them. diesel truck pass my house- again- nothing i can or should be able to do(other than supporting reasonable pollution restrictions)....

- while i don't have the right to walk into your house & blow smoke in your face-- i believe a owner of a bar should have the right to allow smoking- or ban it. if you don't want to smell my smoke(once again- i hate smoking- mainly because i share w/former president clinton the inability to inhale) then don't go in... the profit motive will kick in & either completely smoke free pubs will appear- or pubs will set aside smoke free area's if they see enough people who share your views.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 11:27 

Keith hat geschrieben:
No one has the "personal freedom" to pollute the air that others breathe - buddy.

Absolutely right. Personally, I would like to live out my personal freedom by enjoying a meal without the guy at the next table smoking a fat cigar.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: still a caveman...
BeitragVerfasst: 11.12.2004 11:30 

madrat hat geschrieben:
jet engines fly over my head every day- belching jet fumes- poluting the air i breath- i can't (& don't want to) stop them. diesel truck pass my house- again- nothing i can or should be able to do(other than supporting reasonable pollution restrictions)....

True, but there's still a difference between that and walking out of a restaurant or pub smelling like you've been living on the streets for two weeks and having to carry that smell home.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 2 von 3 | [ 48 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3  Nächste