Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 2 | [ 23 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
 Landon Donovan......... Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Landon Donovan.........
BeitragVerfasst: 13.11.2004 01:08 

Bayer Cross Fingers On Donovan 12/11/04

Following a meeting U.S. star Landon Donovan, Bayer Leverkusen boss Klaus Augenthaler reiterated his desire to bring the attacker back to Germany in January. “A few details will have to be settled,” he told the club website. “But I hope he will join us during the winter.”
Following a meeting U.S. star Landon Donovan, Bayer Leverkusen boss Klaus Augenthaler reiterated his desire to bring the attacker back to Germany in January.

“A few details will have to be settled,” he told the club website. “But I hope he will join us during the winter.”

Donovan’s loan deal with MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes expires soon, but the 22-year old has thus far seemed reluctant to return to the Bundesliga club that signed him when he was 17.

Now I wonder why Donovan could have ANY reservations about playing in germany?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Landon Donovan.........
BeitragVerfasst: 24.11.2004 16:50 

Its official, Jan 1 the Bundesliga will have the best US player in its league.

I just hope that Mathis is snapped up by a good team as well.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Landon Donovan.........
BeitragVerfasst: 02.12.2004 02:25 

Donovan on how Bayer Leverkusen plays:

"They're not the typical German team," he said. "They play attractive, good soccer.

His first game will be against Hannover..............

Betreff des Beitrags: landon quote
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 00:09 

keith wrote
Zitat:
Donovan on how Bayer Leverkusen plays:
"They're not the typical German team," he said. "They play attractive, good soccer.
His first game will be against Hannover

i read a couple landon articles after the move back to germany was announced & i didn't hear him say anything like that. do you have a link?? landon seems to have a little bit of a attitude problem concerning germany- he had a bad experience as a teenager & got comfortable playing back home in california. the quotes i read seemed to be more luke warm about returning and i didn't read anything bad mouthing the bundesliga... landon did get some bad press here as he didn't seem as excited to return to germany as he should be. As a big usa national team fan- i hope he scores a ton of goals (except against hanover of course) and becomes the world star i think he can be-- if he works hard & doesn't get discouraged the first time he is a sub. he should do good. :shock:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 00:55 

Nice article on Donovan at MLSnet.com but the writer does not seem to know all too much about the Bundesliga. Or if he does it is not apparent from lines like these:

Zitat:
With a roster that includes several foreign players such as Brazilian defender Roque Junior and Polish international Radoslaw Kaluzny, Leverkusen doesn't play in the rigid, direct manner that many teams in Germany are known to do. They also do not rely on behemoth midfielders and strikers, but rather smaller, more skillful players with creativity.

First of all, Leverkusen's roster - as is true for all clubs - includes more foreign players than Germans. Their starting line-up for the last match included only 4 Germans, for example.

Also, Kaluzny is not really a staple of the team, having played only two games this season. And badly. Their most distinguished foreign players are probably Bulgarian Berbatov and Brazilian Franca. These are also the guys that Donovan will have to compete with for a spot on the team should he be considered a striker.

However, the biggest beef I have with the article is the impression that German football consists of big guys playing without much skill. While there certainly are a few players who this might be true for, all of the better teams in the do rely on skillful play and creativity. In our team, almost all of our offensive players are medium-sized guys. Hardly any behemoths to be found. 8)

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 01:02 

German soccer has the REPUTATION of being physical, with large fit specimens well drilled in defensive tactics and teams with primarily an arial attack.
Certainly most successful German players who have featured overseas have been big tall guys if you think about it.

Betreff des Beitrags: GERMAN GIANTS
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 01:22 

i can remember watching the great german teams in past world cups & big & direct was a term used- but not in a negative way. while brazil would pass twenty times to get forward- a big/fast german midfielder would power past & launch a deadly ball to a big powerful striker. i loved watching the contrasting styles of play- the latin 'samba' passing & the german power game. with less success in the past few years- a few(but far from a majority) seem to use the big & direct as a negative- like cumbersome, without imagination ect... i think they are off base- while you can see some difference in watching a south american club team & a german club team play- the play in germany for the most part is great to watch & seems very high quality to my somewhat untrained eye -

side note- maybe a new thread needed here- but was talking to a cool german has been living here in southern california area for about 8 yrs now- he seems to be sure of a poor german showing in the world cup. on home turf- i can't see germany doing any less than semi finals- & with the home crowds- would be a little surprised not to see them in the finals-- maybe take 2nd :shock: place to the usa!!! (a man can dream can't he) :shock:

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: GERMAN GIANTS
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 04:09 

madrat hat geschrieben:
i can remember watching the great german teams in past world cups & big & direct was a term used- but not in a negative way. while brazil would pass twenty times to get forward- a big/fast german midfielder would power past & launch a deadly ball to a big powerful striker. i loved watching the contrasting styles of play- the latin 'samba' passing & the german power game. with less success in the past few years- a few(but far from a majority) seem to use the big & direct as a negative- like cumbersome, without imagination ect... i think they are off base- while you can see some difference in watching a south american club team & a german club team play- the play in germany for the most part is great to watch & seems very high quality to my somewhat untrained eye -

side note- maybe a new thread needed here- but was talking to a cool german has been living here in southern california area for about 8 yrs now- he seems to be sure of a poor german showing in the world cup. on home turf- i can't see germany doing any less than semi finals- & with the home crowds- would be a little surprised not to see them in the finals-- maybe take 2nd :shock: place to the usa!!! (a man can dream can't he) :shock:

Germany will need a ref like Hugh Dallas to progress that far! - apparently basketball is a growth sport in Germany :)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: GERMAN GIANTS
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 04:10 

Keith hat geschrieben:
madrat hat geschrieben:

Germany will need another ref like Hugh Dallas to progress that far - apparently basketball is a growth sport in Germany :)

Betreff des Beitrags: basketball crazy
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 08:55 

keith wrote
Zitat:
Germany will need another ref like Hugh Dallas to progress that far - apparently basketball is a growth sport in Germany

ha/ha- well- maybe germany not quite the powerhouse of years past- but still- should have pretty good side- & with tons of home support- i wouldn't bet against them. , as far as basketball goes- it's amazing- i went to the 84 olympics in los angeles and they have come a long way since then. nowitski is a true all-star. basketball is a good sport- but i prefer soccer & baseball (ice hockey also but can't think about that now)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 10:44 

Keith hat geschrieben:
German soccer has the REPUTATION of being physical, with large fit specimens well drilled in defensive tactics and teams with primarily an arial attack.
Certainly most successful German players who have featured overseas have been big tall guys if you think about it.

Ok, that may well be true. Certainly, many German players are more athletic and somewhat less skilled than your average Brazillian player. But if you take into consideration that the roster of most Bundesliga teams is made up of two thirds foreign players, this doesn't really reflect on the Bundesliga at all. If you think about it.

As far as the world cup goes, the new German coach is trying out a lot of young players right now, among them our very own 20-year-old defender Per Mertesacker. Now that guy will raise the quality of the team, he has the best statistics in the whole Bundesliga!

If Germany can manage to scramble a team of mostly young and gifted players, we may have a shot of advancing into the semi-finals. But I am wary as the national team hasn't really been playing well for years.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 16:54 

der rote hat geschrieben:
Keith hat geschrieben:

Ok, that may well be true. Certainly, many German players are more athletic and somewhat less skilled than your average Brazillian player. But if you take into consideration that the roster of most Bundesliga teams is made up of two thirds foreign players, this doesn't really reflect on the Bundesliga at all. If you think about it.

As far as the world cup goes, the new German coach is trying out a lot of young players right now, among them our very own 20-year-old defender Per Mertesacker. Now that guy will raise the quality of the team, he has the best statistics in the whole Bundesliga!

If Germany can manage to scramble a team of mostly young and gifted players, we may have a shot of advancing into the semi-finals. But I am wary as the national team hasn't really been playing well for years.

There is a very good young German player - 20 years old - playing in the Premier League for Aston Villa, Thomas Hitzelberger. Isnt he known in Germany?I would think he wsould feature for the National Team.

Zuletzt geändert von Keith am 08.12.2004 04:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 17:50 

I think his chance is coming up very soon.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags: german world cup players
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 18:51 

what about Moritz Volz? he's become very popular with fulham (english premier)-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2004 19:00 

Well, it's sort of the same predicament Cherundolo is in. Since these guys have never played in the Bundesliga, many people don't know about them. And the influential press doesn't support them much, whereas pretty much everyone who's ever had a good match or two in the Bundesliga is being reported as a candidate for the national team. :wink:

But the new coach, Juergen Klinsmann, will give them a chance, I think.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2004 04:48 

der rote hat geschrieben:
Well, it's sort of the same predicament Cherundolo is in. Since these guys have never played in the Bundesliga, many people don't know about them. And the influential press doesn't support them much, whereas pretty much everyone who's ever had a good match or two in the Bundesliga is being reported as a candidate for the national team. :wink:

But the new coach, Juergen Klinsmann, will give them a chance, I think.

There is also a young gun called Zeigler playing for Spurs - brilliant player. Has to be a Kraut, no?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/ima ... iegler.jpg

Betreff des Beitrags: Can german Soccer be better than this!
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2004 15:02 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Keitch hat geschrieben:
http://msn.foxsports.com/pgStory?contentId=3216398&pageNumber=3

Squig's answer: No one will stop here from moving to Germany, we do have English Universities here, and Donocan has a cnotract to fulfill. When he play in Madrid or Barcelona she'll be happy to come with him...
And I guess he'll make enough money to jetset a bit... ;-)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Can german Soccer be better than this!
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2004 23:35 

Its hard to believe Donovan is going to Germany and leaving this behind!!!!!!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/pgStory?conten ... geNumber=3

Zuletzt geändert von Keith am 14.12.2004 17:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2004 23:36 

Squig hat geschrieben:
Keitch hat geschrieben:
http://msn.foxsports.com/pgStory?contentId=3216398&pageNumber=3

Squig's answer: No one will stop here from moving to Germany, we do have English Universities here, and Donocan has a cnotract to fulfill. When he play in Madrid or Barcelona she'll be happy to come with him...
And I guess he'll make enough money to jetset a bit... ;-)

Squig, do you know what the word "pedantic" means?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2004 00:55 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

keith hat geschrieben:
Squig, do you know what the word "pedantic" means?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Actually, just looked it up, menas the same as in german... I understand you, but you should know that I just started this 'job' a year ago and am just considered as a help-sherif, if you know what I mean. 96 wants the Forum to be run a bit pedantic, and that's what I am doing...
If you referred to my comment I just blame it on the German humour ;-)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 2 | [ 23 Beiträge ] | Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste