Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 6 Beiträge ] | 
 Cherundolo Injured Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Cherundolo Injured
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 03:56 

Steve was injured in this afternoon's Gold Cup match between the US and Jamaica. I didn't get to see the game, but apparently it was a pretty awful tackle in the first half that knocked him out of the game. :evil:

They are currently calling it a "sprained knee", which means it could be anything from a minor injury that doesn't even make him miss another game to a season-ending ACL tear. Hopefully it's the former. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Lee

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 10:26 

That's very annoying. :(

But thank you for the info, Lee.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 18:04 

bierfahrer96 hat geschrieben:

I talked to one of the reporters who cover the national team. It looks like it's bad enough to require an MRI. Arena, the national team coach, is apparently pretty ticked off about the tackle. Sounds like it was just a really nasty play. :x

Based on past experience, I would say they will probably have to wait a couple of days for the swelling to go down before they can do an MRI.

The timing is awful, although I guess there is never a good time for an injury. Steve had been playing really well for the US team. He's been constantly improving for both club and country, to the point that he was becoming considered a lock for the starting spot in the World Cup next year, by many fans and some people were actually looking for him to be moved into the right side of midfield.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 20:56 

Lee hat geschrieben:
bierfahrer96 hat geschrieben:

I talked to one of the reporters who cover the national team. It looks like it's bad enough to require an MRI. Arena, the national team coach, is apparently pretty ticked off about the tackle. Sounds like it was just a really nasty play. :x

Based on past experience, I would say they will probably have to wait a couple of days for the swelling to go down before they can do an MRI.

The timing is awful, although I guess there is never a good time for an injury. Steve had been playing really well for the US team. He's been constantly improving for both club and country, to the point that he was becoming considered a lock for the starting spot in the World Cup next year, by many fans and some people were actually looking for him to be moved into the right side of midfield.

You're, right, concerning the timing. An injury almost never takes place at a good time. I guess clubcoach Ewald Lienen also isn't very happy with it.

Thank you for your information, very nice that you talked to the reporter.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 21:27 

Hannover 96 just released a statement saying that the injury is not as severe as everybody first thought. I'm not sure what these injuries are called in English, but Steve is looking at 6 to 8 weeks on the shelf. Everyone's first estimate was about 6 MONTHS, so I guess he was kinda lucky.

Ich bin fest.
Du bist eigensinnig.
Er ist ein dickköpfiger, unbelehrbarer Hornochse.
(Bertrand Russell)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.07.2005 21:38 

I'm very happy with the statement of the club. I looked in my dictionary and it says that it is the (inner) knee ligament. I hope, you know what I mean. I hope he will be healthy soon and wish him all the best.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 6 Beiträge ] |