Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 2 Beiträge ] | 
 schalke04 v hannover Moderations-Bereich
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: schalke04 v hannover
BeitragVerfasst: 29.09.2005 20:36 

i know its a few days on, but i just got back from germany and while there i managed to get to the schalke v hannover96 match.
frst ff the stadium is fantastic, but is it a football stadium? the roof was open but so much steelwork and a videocube made it seem as thouh the roof was closed. the atmosphere was like for a ice hockey or basketball match.
so i was impressed by the stadium
sadly not so impressed by hannover team. i don't think they made much attempts to get forward. they seemed to be playing for a 0-0. which is ok but when they went 1 down they still did not get forward
i think that they could have played all day and not scored.
this meant that schalke were able to build attacks from the back without any pressure and hannover could not break out from defence.
having said that, the back 4 played ok but you always felt it was only a matter of time before schalke scored.
earlier in the week i saw frankfurt get a draw at hamburg and bremen beaten by monchengladbach.
in both cases supposedly weaker teams got results by positive play and guts. sadly not on display by hannover
maybe they were still pissed off by the WOB result?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 30.09.2005 01:24 

Wohnort: Hannover (ehemals Athol, MA; Amsterdam; Praha; Kraków und Göttingen)

Well, if we don't win against Duisburg on saturdfay we are indeed in big trouble, wouldn't be a surprise if that would mean that Lienen gets fired.
If we win we will see how the next games go. Thing is that we only 'play' defense, and that is way too less at the moment.

As for the Arena aufSchalke, it is built as a soccer stadium, but has also been used for American football, Handball and events as concerts for example.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  Seite 1 von 1 | [ 2 Beiträge ] |